Main Menu | Connect | Disto/Laser
To use a 3D Disto:
FieldGenius supports live video streaming from the 3D Disto camera into the MapView area. Use the controls at the edges of the video image to turn the 3D Disto, or tap on the image to turn to the point.
To measure a location simply press the measure button in FieldGenius.
To stakeout a location simply start any of the Staking routines. The 3D Disto will automatically turn to the point you are trying to locate. Press the measure button to calculate a position.
The following topics make use of the 3D Disto
The general connection procedure for Leica 3D Disto:
The Leica S910 Disto is fully supported using a WiFi connection. It can be operated using workflows very similar to a Total Station when combined with a tripod or stand. Without a tripod or stand, the S910 can be used to capture distances for various applications, including:
The general connection procedure for Leica Disto S910:
1. Launch FieldGenius and open a Project.
2. At the Instrument Selection screen, pick the Disto/Laser type and choose the pre-configured Disto S910 profile, then pick Edit:
3. Choose Model and Communication.
4. WiFi is the only supported Connection Type, pick Search to search for Disto S910 devices. If successfully found, pick Connect.
5. Complete, see the Measure Modes (Disto/Laser) topic for supported functionality.
FieldGenius supports handheld Leica Distos with Bluetooth connectivity. Supported models include Disto A6 and D330i. Bluetooth LE is not currently supported (E7100i, E7500i, etc.). Supported models are able to capture distances for various applications, including: